KW Heritage (KWH) were tasked jointly by MCT Engineering (MCT) and RPM Technik with re-engineering a Porsche Ducktail style Engine Cover. RPM Technik is a highly respected independent Porsche specialist with a constantly evolving package of performance enhancing products under their CSR brand. MCT Engineering are firmly established as a premium supplier of composite components to motor vehicle and motorsport sectors.
- To provide CAD data to enable MCT to CNC manufacture fresh Patterns, lay up composite Moulds and manufacture components in two configurations.
- To ensure compatibility with a range of existing inner structures.
- To enable RPM Technik to confidently be able to supply components and instructions for the owner to retro fit
- A site visit to RPM Technik to understand requirements and to scan an existing Ducktail and surrounding features.
- Detailed discussions to understand styling and functional requirements of the customer and offer guidance and advice from an engineering and manufacturing perspective.
- Liaison with MCT to ensure a design that was efficient to manufacture from tooling and component perspectives.
- Engineered in Solidworks CAD from scanned surfaces with data suitable for tooling manufacture provided in .stp and .igs formats.
- CAD draft angle analysis to ensure the minimum number of mould components.
- Component trim lines provided.
- Improvement in quality and repeatability of manufacture = ease and improvement of fit to a car.
For more information on KW’s range of Heritage Engineering services, visit the KWHE website.