KW Heritage Engineering (KWHE) were tasked with scanning the complete bodywork of a Long Nose Jaguar D-Type at the premises of Classic Performance Engineering (CPE) on the Bicester Heritage site.
- The car is raced by its owner who wanted to protect his investment by capturing the form of the Bodywork (Digital Archiving) using KWHE’s scanning capabilities.
- Due to the fact that all these cars are unique in their shape, the customer was particularly anxious to have body shape information specific to this particular car.
- To perform the task on site without disruption to CPE’s day-to-day business.
- Full vehicle scan including all panels, including rivet and fastener positions.
- Record the positions of painted on details such as race numbers.
- Scan the positions and shapes of inner wheel arch panels.
- The bodywork was scanned as a whole and stored in one file ready for future requirements.
- Consideration was given to possible collateral damage to hidden panels, and these structures were also scanned.
- Whole car scan data will be stored on KWHE’s server ready for future requirements.
- Minimal investment in return for protecting the asset.
“We at CPE have been delighted to work with KWHE who have now provided us with the scanning detail, which, in the future would allow us to make any repairs to this historic vehicle back to exactly its current form. KWHE completed this work efficiently, in the agreed timeframe and with minimum disruption to our working schedule. We will certainly be using their service for future projects.”
Martin Greaves, Classic Performance Engineering
For more information on KW’s range of Heritage Engineering services, visit the KWHE website.