KWSP were approached by fashion company Jabrock Eyewear to lead the technical design and prototyping of their innovative eyewear products.
- Develop the CAD model and technical drawings for Jabrock’s first line of sunglasses
- Define design-for-manufacture
- Manufacture and test functional prototypes
- Balance of aesthetics and functionality
- Fully functional prototype suitable for fit, look, feel and strength testing
- KWSP’s engineers firstly translated product concept designs in to accurate 3D models in CAD software.
- Renders of the translated design could then be validated with Jabrock’s design team
- Once validated, designs were 3D printed in high-grade ABS and used for product testing
- A validated technical design
- A tested functional prototype
- A digital, re-usable CAD file able to form the basis of future designs and variations