KWSP was approached by Equinox Projects to produce 1 metre tall dinosaur models for an amusement machine company.
- The models were required within 10 days of the order. Due to time constraints, models had to be produced without any tooling directly from CAD data.
- The build was also over the Christmas period.
- End-to-end delivery was required in less than 10 days.
- Models had to be an exact visual match to the CAD data.
- Internal structure of the printed models needed to be optimised in order to minimise cost.
- The client’s CAD file was optimised for additive manufacture.
- 3 of KWSP’s Fortus 400 machines were used simultaneously.
- Models were printed in components and assembled and post-processed by KWSP’s assembly team.
- All 62 pieces of the models were printed over the christmas period, even when the offices were un-manned.
- The models were successfully delivered to Equinox before the 10 day deadline.